Wednesday 26 June 2013

Hard Days River Fishing - On The Tees

Mr mick took time out his busy fishing schedule to come fishing with me, very kind of him ;)
We went to one of the Stockton stretches, had a quick walk about and chose our swim...

I opted for the cage feeder fishing maggot, whilst mick also fished the feeder but with worm and pellet.

Was hoping for some chub and bream but didn't pan out like that lol.. Started off well plenty of bites but couldn't seem to hook them, was probs just small dace, persevered with the feeder and managed to hook a decent roach of about 10oz, after a few hours on the feeder I thought a change of tactics was in order and stuck a pike rod out.
Shortly afterwards I had a run but missed it.
My theory was I was using a fixed treble trace for small dead baits but i was using a bigger bait so didnt cover enough of the fish, around an hour later no more runs mick said to pop my pike rod out near the tree in his swim, was out about 30-40mins and i heard
Mick shout 'ronny ya pike rods going off!!!'...
I leaped up and hit the run, fish on!!!   After a spirited fight for a few mins the fish was in the net.
Weighed  it and scaled went to 7.05lb, can't grumble at that :)


[IMG]http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b432/ronny1986/bd1632de-bf0c-44c4-8fd8-2cc224b1f47c_zps3806f7f3.jpg[/IMG]


Shortly after my pike I tried with the cage feeder again but the bites dried up. Tried the maggot feeder for a bit and managed 3 small dace, switched back to the cage feeder and got another good roach.

[IMG]http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b432/ronny1986/null_zps8739016a.jpg[/IMG]

Time was getting on so packed up and headed home, enjoyed the day, even if the fishing was hard!

Mick stuck it out on worm and pellet all day for the chub, he managed a small perch, least he never blanked ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment