Sunday 14 July 2013

Westgate and my first ilucive tench - WOOHOO

The chosen venue today was westgate for the 3rd time in a row trying to catch this illusive westgate tench..

Mick has been kind enough to help me out with venues/rigs since I've started to fish rivers over the last few weeks since I joined stockton ac.

Most of you will know from the blogs I'm a big carp/pike angler so fishing for smaller stuff isn't my strong point, give me a specimen carp rig and I'm well within my comfort zone ;)
But sir mick came to my rescue and today he helped me bag my first westgate tench, its only took me 3 goes lol, wasn't a monster only about 1lb BUT he has also helped me achieve my pb bream of 3.03lb..

[IMG]http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b432/ronny1986/null_zps9334e894.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b432/ronny1986/null_zpse85b3b9b.jpg[/IMG]

I was fishing the lift method and wasnt catching, so mick was kind enough to show me a new method to fish (one i already knew but wasn't confident with), and In the end I finished the session with 8 perch, 1 hybrid, 3 bream (3.03lb, 2.04lb, 2.06lb) and a 1lb tench.

Some people might think well that's not much, but the venue we fished is well know to be a solid place to fish, and I caught more in an evening that the people who had been there all day and evening :D happy days!

All were caught using my new drennan feeder rod curtious of jim for selling me it and dropping it off for me :p
(Cheers jim ;) )

Mick bagged the biggest tench of the trip at 3.07lb and he also had a nice bream!

Really enjoyed tonight, different from how I normally fish ponds..
Big thanks to mick for the help..

No comments:

Post a Comment