Thursday 15 August 2013

A Day On The Tees - My First Ladie Of The River

Me and mick had a chat yesterday about where we were gonna go and opted for the lower tees

Went and picked mick up this morning and off we went, got there for about 6:30ish.
Got down to the river and it was like a jungle, we we had a quick walk and found a peg we could both jump in.
Plan was to go for the chub, so out came the corn, opted for double corn fished over corn and pellets.

First put in and after about 5 mins had a very unconvincing bite, second put in same again... Deffo chub but missed them!!!!!
As the rain continued to pour down, we were sat behind motionless rods, time passed by and mick went on the maggot feeder and had a few dace..
He then decided to fish the worm and had 2 nice perch of just over a lb..

I was still fish less so jumped on the bomb, I had no maggots and mick didn't have enough for me and him so I nicked a handful and just used double maggot, had a few dace..
Then mick had a stunning female grayling, I was a bit envious as I'd never caught one :(

Then an hour or so later, bang! Start reeling it in and mick shouts its an 'eel'..
Spec savers mick?!?!?!?
And to my surprise it was a lady of the river, a grayling! My first grayling, was only around 10oz but that didn't bother me :)





After a few more dace I opted to fish for pike, managed two runs but they snagged me up both times, didn't loose any gear so always a bonus for me and the pike ;)

Didn't get no more fish, but was happy I got my first grayling, always good to catch a new species.

Although the fishing wasn't the best mainly due to the river up and down like a yoyo, the entertainment was... Slightly worried about mick though, he kept shouting,
'You saying its not ok for a man to wear a bra'
as well as other stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment