Thursday 22 August 2013

Quick Session On The Tees - Another Summer Pike

Decided last night I would go dead baiting for an few hours, headed down to my banker peg, and got setup.
Opted for two methods one on float and one on ledger both with smelt as bait as that's all I had in freezer ;D

Got setup for about 8ish and had my first run about half hour later, was a very small jack but it managed to get off before I landed it.. Shame :(
Recasted and was enjoying the scenery for a bit when my rod screamed off again, jumped straight on it and had a good fight, with the pike stripping a bit of line off!!
In the net she went! Woohoo
Got her out weighed her and a quick photo and back she went, luckily a bloke just come down as I had a run and he was kind enough to take a photo for me.
The pike weight 8lb 08oz, not a monster but I was happy ;)



Stayed a few more hours without any lucky and packed up about 12ish, the bloke in the next peg was getting plenty of dace and some small chublets, but he did managed a clonking bream of 3.11lb, mental note made!!
He also lost a pike..

Really wanted to stay but had to go home cause missus wanted to go get school uniforms for kids

Enjoyed it though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment