Thursday 29 August 2013

What a session! - Chub, Chub And More Chub!

Decided to join middlesbrough angling club yesterday and spoke to mick and we arranged to fish dinsdale today.

Mick had to help his dad with a couple of jobs so whilst I waited for the phone call to pick him up I headed over croft, unfortunately didn't catch out..
Got the phone call about half 10 and headed over for mick and off to dinsdale we went..

Got there and found col and set up, opted to try inline lead with PVA stick mix.. Tried all over the swim and didn't get anything, had one good bite but missed it..

Col however did get 2 chub, 2.15lb and a 3.06..nice one mate!!





I decided to fish downstream near col and mick! Naughty ;D
I waited a couple of hours then next thing my rod nearly gets pulled in so grabbed the rod and felt like a chub! And guess what!! It was a chub!!
This was my first river chub so i was over the moon, col was over the moon, mick was over the moon and so was Jim after mick sent him the photos

So this is my first chub and my pb of 2.06lb



We got the handshakes over and done with and cast back out, a little bit later Col packed up and went home so I took the opportunity to jump in his peg, so cast a stick mix out and waited for a bit and the rod just kept bouncing, arghh just bloody take!! And nope! So me And mick were like 10 more mins and we will go.. But the bites kept coming but no fish! So we just kept waiting, 35 mins after we said we would pack and we were still there but we deffo were gonna only give it 10 more mins and then we were going..
5 mins past and my rod tip was banging like mad!! Struck and boosh I'm into a nice fish! Another chub.
Got it in the net and weight it and scales went to 4lb 4oz.. Woohoo another new pb.





Mick was jumping for joy and so was I, two pb Chub in a day is sweet...
I was just releasing my chub back into the water when micks reel screamed off, fish on!!!
Yet again it was another chub, mick saved a blank ;)
Weighed the chub and it took the scales to 3lb 4oz





After that we headed home, with both of us smiling :D

Was good to see basha, who was good enough to pop down for a chat.

Mick is my lucky charm, he's got me my first chub, first grayling, first westgate tench, can he help me with my next goal? A tees double pike?

No comments:

Post a Comment