Saturday 14 September 2013

Luring On The Tees - 2 Different Stretchs, 2 Different Species

Checked my rota yesterday and realised I had a 1pm finish today and since I'm not fishing til next Friday I thought I would go throw a lure about for an a hour or two..

Finished work and jumped in the car and headed to my first stretch, I was hoping to not have to go to the other place as I was gonna see how the luring went..

Got setup and headed for my first peg, my tactic was use darkish lures as water was coloured, made 10 or so casts and nothing, on went a nice colourful lure with plenty of silver on it, tried a other 10 casts nothing, tried another 3-4 pegs and nothing, went to my final peg I planned to fish and cast out and first reel in I felt tap tap, tap tap, struck and felt the fish shaking about! Reeled in and got a perch about the same size of the lure! Greedy little sh*t :D



Walked back to the car and off to the next stretch, I got in every peg I could making 15-20 cast each peg, started to get fed up cause didn't even have a touch, that's when I thought one last peg! I knew a peg that held a pike as I had it on before and lost it!!!
So walked down to the peg and made around 10 casts and I thought I'm not gonna get my pike :(
Thought Bollox to it one more cast, got the lure half way in from the far bank and just felt some thing hit it hard!
Struck and zzzzzzz went the reel, my face lit up ;D after a 5 min scrap I thought I was gonna loose it but managed to get her in the net,, quick weight and pic and back she went to get fat for winter for some other angler to catch

She took the scales to 9.05lb



Was hard work but I'm happy, tees was coloured up a fair bit and had an uncanny flow about it, but just shows hard work can pay off ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment