Saturday 21 September 2013

Disappointing Night On The Swale - :(

Decided at last min to go to a quick over nighter at Cundall for some barbel and got my mate to come who I haven't been fishing with in months.

Got there for about 6:30, got setup and baited up by about 7:30, day shelter setup, bed chair and sleeping bag all set out, the wind was bang on, the Swale was low but fairly murky, conditions seemed ideal!!




I nearly fell in as the bank was slippy as hell and my mates howling at me, then 10 mins later he goes down the bank to cast out and he does fall in! Funny wasn't the word LOL.




Unlucky mate ;)

Got to about 8:30 and my mate had a run but the fish dropped the bait, possibly just a chub mouthing the bait?

The night was drawing on and seemed to be a few fish rolling but a few times it sounded like pike striking? Possibly was pike cause there was a full moon and it light the river up a fair bit..

Nighttime passed and nothing had happened, spoke to the lad a couple of pegs down and he had nothing either and his mates never, but he seemed to think there was an otter hanging around the swim most of the night, I didn't see one so can't be sure.

Was a disappointing night as that's 2 blanks in 2 sessions in 2 days on 2 rivers :(
It was great to go fishing with my mate though, had a good laugh and that so that made up for it ;)
I kinda expected not to catch going with him on a night lol, reason being he's done 6 night sessions and never had a fish and Everytime I've went with him I haven't had out, and the few times I have gone without him I've always done well! Noisy tw@t lol...

Think my babel hunt it over til next year now, be out a week Tuesday with Marty probs for pike.

No comments:

Post a Comment