Thursday 26 September 2013

Can't keep a good angler down - still looking for my first tees doublethough

After being up all night with the baby finally got to sleep about 4 and then she was back up at 6 and our lass got up to see to her but I ended up waking up anyway, the missus came back In our room and see I was up so she said to me 'go fishing for a few hours I got nothing planned'... Well I don't need telling twice ;)

Got the car packed up as quick as I could and headed off to the middle tees, got set up for about 7ish and casted to the far bank, 20 mins later the rod screamed off, struck nothing there :/

Fresh bait on and back in the same spot, 30 mins later rod screamed off again and I was into a pike..
After a little scrap got it near the edge and I could see it wasn't hooked properly, anyway it ended up getting off before I had chance to net it, only looked 6-7lb..
Was a bit pee'd cause I couldn't blank again after 2 blanks.. 

So done the usual again fresh bait, cast to the far bank but to a different tree this time and 15 mins later rod screamed off, felt for the fish and nothing there? Really annoying. Possibly chub? Who knows...

So cast out again back to the tree where I had my first run, and waiting for about 45 mins and rod absolutely roared off, struck! Game on!!

After a half decent fight I managed to get her in the net, was proper buzzen as I didn't blank :D

9.01lb of tees pike ;)



Sat it out another half hour without a touch so thought a move was in order, so walked for about 5 mins and found a nice peg with a tree on the inside bank.
Cast out and put the bite alarm on as it was low and I wanted to sit back out the way a bit so I didn't spook any pike.
Sat it out for a bit and not a touch so thought what the hell time to move on, just put my bag on my back and the rod roared off but this time I left my net setup ;)

Struck and it felt like an ok fish, about 5 secs after I struck it went on a 30 yard run, managed to stop it and got it a rod length from the bank and then it decided it didn't wanna come in and tore off, the little tw@t nearly pulled me in.. Got it close in again and this time I flew off the other way straight under a tree, just couldn't stop the run.. It managed to stop its self cause it wrapped its self round a branch.. I thought I was gonna loose it!! Anyway the branch snapped so I wound it in as quick as I could, straight into the net she went.

Weight her, quick photo and I thought she was gonna go 10lb but nope! 

9.15lb 



I'm knocking on the door of these 10lb tees pike! It's only a matter of time..
Seem to be having a good run of 9's atm.

Anyway after this fish I decided to head home as I had to be home by 11:30 to go sort some stuff out..

Needless to say I didn't wanna come home! But I did go home a happy chappy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment