Wednesday 2 October 2013

Could It Be... I Think It Is???? - Two New PB's

Well after numerous trips to the tees and after catching plenty of pike off the river tees I've finally managed to catch my first double :D
I've had doubles from the Swale, various ponds but never the tees!!

And this is the story..............

After a week of not knowing where I was going fishing I decided mon night where I was going, the middle tees for some pike, but the plan was go for a few hours then head home for a few hours then back down the tees for a few hours, mainly cause our lass had a driving lesson and she didn't wanna change the day.

Got down the river about 8ish and met up with col, we walked down to the chosen peg and one that I have fished before, col asked me what side of the swim I wanted to I choose the other side to last time..
Just getting sorted and cols rod started banging, he ran over struck, fish on!
He got it in, weighed it and took scales to 9.14lb, after inspection it was a fish I had caught a few weeks earlier.

Just after he put the fish back my rod started zooming off, struck and it felt a decent fish, gave me a good little fight.. Tail walking, stripping line, jumping out of water, managed to get it near the net and it was off again, anyway managed to get her in and unhooked weighed and photo

HERE SHE IS MY FIRST TEES DOUBLE!!!!!!!



After months of trying its finally good to get my first tees double, I feel like its another mile stone reached :D

After this we sat a few hours without a run, time for action! So I decided to popup a mackerel tail about 18'' off the bottom, so made a very profession popup rig, threaded it onto the trace and fed it through the fish so the fox popup was sat perfectly on top of the mackerel.. Was only out 10 mins and the indicator flew up, struck had it on for maybe a second and off, tw@t!!!

Wound in and cast back out, about 30 mins later I seen my line going to the right, weird :/ 
So I struck and nothing there, started winding in and seen the pike swirl twice on the top but still no tension on the line, got it near the edge and it started fighting, got it in the net and noticed my trebles had hooked onto a rig that was stuck in the pikes mouth, the poor pike had been trailing around 3ft of wire trace and 2 trebles in its gob, took the trebles out and felt a bit awful counting it  but still come from my line so what the hell :p

6.07lb



About 10 mins later Shane popped down to sit with us for a bit and so we could explain to him about pike tackle etc, would of been nice to catch one to show him how to unhook them etc but wasn't meant to be.

Jim rang me about 3ish to see if I fancied a session on the tees into dark, so left the place where I was about 4ish and headed to another peg to try for some pike but after an hour and a bit I decided it was time to go where I was meeting Jim for a spot of night time chub fishing, so off to the free stretch I went..

Fished the feeder with corn on the hook, best nighttime bait ever in my eyes ;)
Got to about 7:30 and rod screamed off!
Got it in and a huge chub!! Thought it was gonna go 5lb til I felt its belly
Weighed in at 4.07, new pb by 3oz ;D



Had another 2 runs and missed them, didn't help I wasn't sat on my rods, was sat sort of in the middle with Jim so I had to run for my rods, then jims rod screamed off and he had a chub... He said this chub is 4.04! Weight it and it was 4.04 :/ wow! Lucky guess or was it ;)

A bit later I had another run and the way it screamed off and fought I had barbel running through my mind but it wasn't it was another chub..
Jim was awesome with the net!!!!!! Netting it in the dark, Jim you have redeemed your self ;)
He picked it up and said that's 4.01lb, so we weighed it and it was 4.02 and then 4lb, so I said to Jim hold the scales by the top so he did and it went bang on 4.01! Wtf, 2 chub 2 correct guessing at weights, nice one Jim :D



Did have another run but missed it, got to about 11 so was time to head home,
Really had an awesome day and can't wait to get back out on the bank again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment