Friday 25 October 2013

Selby 3 Lakes -Tough Day


 Me and Shane decided earlier in the week would go for a days fishing on the river but then all the rain started and we thought rivers would be no good, so in the end we opted to go for a days pike fishing at selby 3 lakes.
Reason I choose selby was it wasn't far for Shane to walk and the pegs are very flat and well maintained..

So I drove to Shane's this morning got there for about 6, loaded his van and off we went (I did try get him to go in my car but he was itching to take the van).

Got to selby for about 7:30, setup for 8ish, was bouncing down so we both jumped in my day shelter for a bit, when the rain eased we set the other rods up, I opted to fish 2 rods on the bottom with a drifter float as my 3rd rod.
Shane fished two rods on the bottom with mackerel dead baits...

The peg:



The hours went by and not a touch, Shane got a bit fed up I think so he put a float on One of his rods and fished for perch with worm.. 
After about 5 mins he was getting bites and had a few perch before I spoiled his swim :p



It got to about 3pm and I was fed up so said to Shane, gonna cast this right over to them trees.. Boooosh!!! Got the dead bait right next to the trees! Shane was impressed :p
Anyway it was only out 3-4mins and line was pulling tight, left it a few secs, wound down and struck... Fish on :D
Got it in, quick photo and weighed and I showed Shane how to chin a pike and off he went

6.03lb

Got a rod baited up again and bang same spot, bait just hit the bottom and top starts bouncing again, couldn't believe it..
After I got it near the edge I noticed it only had one treble in its gob?! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh, thought I was gonna loose it but Shane was F**KING awesome with the net.
Anyway when I got it in I realised it was canny well hooked.

Done the usual, and it was another 6lb'er.. 6.05lb to be precise



I managed to get Shane to chin the pike! Woohoo, soon be a pro at it mate ;)

Fished til about 6pm but nothing else to report, unless you wanna know about how good I looked driving Shane's van? No?

Enjoyed the day and enjoyed the company, was a good laugh! Shame the fishing wasn't as good.

Well that's ya lot, til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment