Thursday 21 November 2013

New personal best chub ;)

Decided to head off to the Swale for a days fishing, plan was to meet Shane there at 6, how ever he wasn't there for 6 so I rang him and he explained he needed a crap so he was running late, ermm fair play mate?

I got set up and rods in waiting for Shane to bring the maggots (I owe u a pint mate! Legend for getting me some ;))
Anyway nothing happened for the first hour to switched to a small maggot feeder while Shane used one that u could fit 2 pints in... Shane had already managed a nice perch during this time



15 mins later I was into a fish :D was only a small dace but it broke my blank run, couldn't blank 4 times in a row now could I

Here she is the fish that saved my blank 


20 mins later and I was into a roach, again small but very welcome, I was on a roll, decided to put the roach on the pike rod and 10 mins later the pike rod screamed off, had the fish on for about 20 secs til it took me in a snag and I felt the hooks ping out, tw@t! Pike rod went away and back to the maggot feeder..

The time went by and nothing was happening and it got to about 12:30pm So thought try cast to a different part of the swim, 5 yards off the far bank trees and only had to wait a short time before the rod was really rattling, struck and fish on! I knew straight away I was into a chub, after a good little scrap on light gear and a light rod I got the fish in the net and was rather happy with the size.
Shane done me the honours and got a few pics and weighed the chub for me and it went 4.05lb...



Rather pleased with my self I slipped the chub and filled the maggot feeder up again, cast out and just as the feeder hit the bottom, the tip wrapped round and this time I thought I was into a small barbel cause the fish stayed deep, Shane with his AWESOME netting skills got it in the net (sorry Jim had to get that in), once again Shane did the honours and told me it was 4.12lb and a new pb for me.



Was buzzen so was Shane but I think secretly he was calling me a jammy tw&t in his head :p
He did have a good laugh at me though cause as I went to put it back I went flat on my back >.<

For the next few hours I was getting constant rattles but just turned out to be minnows, managed to hook 6 of them, there a bloody pain :(
Managed a perch of about 1lb before everything went quiet, got to about 5pm and time to head home..

Was a tough days fishing, but I went home happy and as always it was a good crack with Shane :D

No comments:

Post a Comment